End users, essentially, want nothing more than fast, stable applications. But this wish is often not satisified – slow applications frustrate staff and customers – and often result in substantial financial losses.
As an IT expert, you have to carefully administer and monitor the components (routers, switches, firewalls, cables, servers, applications, etc.) required to provide your services. Should a problem occur, you should ideally detect it before the user does and resolve it as swiftly as possible. Practice, however, shows that searching for the fault often takes too long – either because the monitoring was poor or because IT responsibilities have not been clearly defined.
Typical issues in the network & system management area include:
- Comprehensive network and system management with a single tool
- End-to-end view of the network and applications
- Minimising the time and money spent on searching for faults
- Proactive monitoring with notifications when there are performance problems
- Ease of configuration and administration
- High degree of automation, e.g. when monitoring new systems
- Use in virtualised network and cloud environments
Controlware can give you modern network and system management tools with which you can monitor all the communications between users and applications. This will allow you to ensure very good, end-to-end service quality – even in the case of applications that are outsourced and provided as cloud-based services.