Application Performance Management can detect and explain inconsistencies in the behaviour of applications and their corresponding components. If losses in performance or other malfunctions occur, their cause can be traced quickly. This way, functionality can be restored almost immediately.
Monitoring includes the hardware for operating applications, virtual machines, the application itself and additional supporting infrastructure (network components and databases, as well as external Web and Cloud services). The current status of all these components is recorded and displayed in the form of a wide variety of metrics.
Typical subjects in the Application Performance Monitoring field:
- Recording performance in the entire application environment
- Interface programming
- Data compilation, preparation and interpretation
- Identification of anomalies
- Summary of the relevant information for restoring performance
- Automated responses to earlier determined scenarios