Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF
Located in the Babelsberg district of Potsdam, the Film University Babelsberg Konrad Wolf is a public arts and film university with the right to award doctorates. Founded in 1954 as the German Academy of Film Art (Deutsche Hochschule für Filmkunst) and known as the "Konrad Wolf" University for Film and Television (HFF), it is one of Germany's largest and most modern film schools, and since 2014 the only one that ranks as a university. In addition to acting, directing, dramaturgy and film and television production, it is also Germany's most preeminent educational institution for animation and cartoon films.
Industry:Schooling, education, science
- Modernization of the voice over IP communication system
- In terms of capacity the existing telephone system had reached its limits.
- The outdated DECT system for connecting up mobile devices had to be replaced.
- Replacement of the Alcatel system with modern VoIP technology.
- An expansion of the telephone system was necessary due to the construction of a new building on campus.
Services & Solutions
A modern unified communication system was set up using Cisco products. Components of the system solution include a Cisco Business Edition 6000M server with various extra functionality, approx. 300 telephones with varied functionalities, and the integration of a DECT system for 30 mobile subscribers on the university campus.
Advantages & Benefits
Thanks to the modernization, the system now meets the requirements of modern telephony. Mobile communications on the university grounds for employees with alternating workplaces were improved considerably. The modular concept of the new equipment can be adapted to future changes or expansions to the network.