Flughafen München GmbH
Established in 1949, Flughafen München GmbH (FMG) operates Munich Airport along with its subsidiaries. This Bavarian air traffic hub is Germany’s second largest airport and the only five-star airport in Europe. As full-service operator it offers services covering every area of airport management. Since its opening in 1992, passenger volume at Munich Airport has been one of the highest in Europe and the second highest in Germany. Today it is an important air traffic hub of international stature. With over 9000 employees in the entire group and a turnover of more than 1.3 billion euros in 2016, the enterprise is one of Bavaria’s largest employers.
Industry:Transportation and logistics
- The rollout project for a new network at Munich Airport
- Munich Airport wants to expand and modernise its entire campus network.
- Large sections of the LAN infrastructure must be replaced in the security zone of the FMG without disrupting regular operations. The replacement comprises approximately 1.000 network components.
- Old switches are to be replaced by state-of-the-art products from CISCO company.
Services & Solutions
- Planning, project management, realization, documentation and acceptance procedures
- Supply of network components in the core area
- Installation and commissioning of components in the distribution and access area
- Disposal of old equipment
- The network infrastructure of Munich Airport was modernised by use of Cisco components.
- The expansion was done during regular operations – without disrupting the approximately 300 customers and 30,000 end systems.
- As such, Munich Airport now has one of the world’s most modern campus networks.