The listed company Aurubis AG is a leading global supplier of non-ferrous metals and the largest copper recycler worldwide. The company processes complex metal concentrates, scrap metals and metal-bearing recycling materials into metals of the highest quality. Aurubis produces more than 1 million tonnes of copper cathodes annually, from which they manufacture a variety of copper products, employs more than 6,800 people and has production sites in Europe and the USA as well as an extensive service and sales system in Europe, Asia and North America. Aurubis’ customers include companies in the semi-finished industry, the electrical, electronics and chemical industries, as well as suppliers of the renewable energies, construction and automotive sectors.
- Managed Service – Corporate IT-Infrastructure & Cloud
A new service provider was charged with holistically optimising and upgrading the IT infrastructure of Aurubis. The existing network infrastructure at three national and international sites comprised more than 500 systems from several manufacturers as well as an office network. This had to be restructured and organised. The requirement was an infrastructure availability of 99%.
Services & Solutions
- Analysis of the existing IT infrastructure (actual/target analysis)
- Implementation of workshops and coordination with specialist departments
- Harmonisation of the IT landscape. Due to the expertise of several manufacturers such as Cisco, Riverbed, Juniper and Fortinet, a holistic service (24/7) can be demonstrated
- Introduction of FNT Command to achieve complete transparency over the IT and telecommunications infrastructure, accelerate day-to-day business processes and improve operational security
- Introduction of a CAB process with the aim of carrying out all IT infrastructure adjustments continuously and efficiently, while minimising risks
- Managed service contract (monitoring, reporting, CSI, operation, replacement, modification, project support and project management)
The customer benefits from the new, optimised and future-proof IT infrastructure as well as from the competence of certified Controlware service managers and technicians, and can concentrate on their own core tasks. With its 24/7 support, Controlware provides accompanying consulting services that secure and increase the customer's processes and level of automation. The introduction of FNT creates the basis for documentation of the passive and active network infrastructure, providing the basis for the future-proof development of a digital infrastructure.