Paragon Data GmbH
Paragon Data headquartered in Friedrichsdorf close to Frankfurt am Main is an innovative IT service provider in the DBH Buch Handels GmbH & Co. KG Group. Paragon Data operates the dater centre for the parent company and supports more than 100 branches with a high-performance, secure and stable IT infrastructure. Each of these branches has up to 80,000 items in stock and over 10 million producible items. Moreover, Paragon Data provides centralised services, such as consulting services, application development, service desk, data centre operation and much more for internal Group customers as well as external customers.
Industry:Internet and Information Technology
- Network management from the cloud
- Paragon, IT service provider to the Hugendubel bookselling chain working throughout Germany, was given the task of modernizing the Wi-Fi infrastructure for Hugendubel.
- Standardization of the infrastructure was intended to guarantee that all stores could be managed using a single platform in the future, and that the same management and analysis features could be accessed.
- The aim was to equip 80 stores with wireless networks for customers and staff and to replace stationary PC workplaces with mobile workstations.
- Extensive tech refresh - replacement of Wi-Fi access point and endpoints in addition to part of the switches and firewalls.
Services & Solutions
- The cloud-managed IT infrastructure solution on the basis of the Cisco Meraki Portfolio was favored.
- In addition to powerful Wi-Fi components, the solution also offers seamlessly integrated switching, security and mobile device management technologies.
- Trial provision for estimating the system’s potential in real time.
- Successful installation of the solution as a pilot project in the Ulm store. After this, connection of the approximately 80 stores took place over a period of 2.5 months.
Advantages & Benefits
- The Cisco solution was convincing because the Meraki components could be centrally managed and monitored via the cloud-based management console. Guest access for store customers was also extremely simple to set up in an automated process.
- The infrastructure was optimized again during the testing period to ensure that sufficient volume was available for critical applications even during peak loads, and that optimum network coverage was guaranteed.
- Operating data is available in the head office in bundled form, which enables extensive reporting with real-time statistics and historic analyses.
- In this case a long-term viable, cloud-based solution, with which the Hugendubel stores can enjoy future security for many years to come, was implemented.