Founded in 2002 by entrepreneur Susanne Klatten, UnternehmerTUM, with more than 50 high-growth technology start-ups every year and a unique range of services, is Europe’s leading centre for innovation and start-ups. Entrepreneurial spirit and new technologies are key factors of competitiveness – they create value and jobs and ensure growth. Experienced teams help founders to put their ideas into action and help start-ups to develop their products. More than 240 employees help to set up and finance the company. Firms from the spheres of industry and business can link up with start-ups and expand their own innovative strength and corporate culture.
Industry:Public service, associations and institutions
- Munich Urban Colab – the solution for the city of the future
UnternehmerTUM GmbH also makes use of its network infrastructure to provide IT services to its clients. In the project, 5 floors and a basement, in which the LAN network is to be updated, expanded and made more powerful, were taken into consideration. Besides technical performance, the focus was also on the easy administration of the modern campus network.
Services & Solutions
- In workshops with the customer, the technology experts from Controlware and our partner Arista developed a concept for a future-proof campus network.
- The solution is suitable for use in companies wishing to transition to an IoT-enabled campus.
- Besides the integration of a WLAN solution, the client was also won over by the cloud computing network and the easy administration with monitoring and surveillance technology for security and problem analysis and troubleshooting.
- Various components from Arista were used (e.g. 720XP, AP-C230, DSC-7050 and Cloud Vision). They combine scalable L2 and L3 forwarding and traffic management with expandable functions for non-stop operation, network monitoring and network virtualisation in order to provide the services required for the corporate network.
The solution was rapidly executed and offers the customer extremely low latencies in the network, along with scalability, availability, ease of use and high performance in order to satisfy requirements both now and in the future.
By building a cloud-based data centre infrastructure, increasing automation and operational efficiency is now possible.