Conrad Electronic SE
As an internationally operating company, Conrad is present as an omnichannel provider for technology and electronics with national subsidiaries in 16 European countries. Founded in 1923, the family-owned company, which is still owner-managed today, has gradually grown from a specialist mail order company for electronic components to a professional sourcing platform for technical operating needs. Conrad uses state-of-the-art logistics processes to supply its customers in more than 150 countries. The logistics centre in Wernberg-Köblitz, which is only a few kilometres away from company headquarters in Hirschau, is a high-tech facility of gigantic proportions. The Conrad branches are also supplied from this functional building complex, which houses a fully automated high-bay warehouse with 44,000 pallet spaces and a shuttle warehouse with 235,000 storage spaces that was commissioned in 2014. On average, around 40,000 parcels leave the distribution centre every day, and up to 75,000 parcels at peak times.
Industry:Consumer goods and trade
- Refresh Switching Infrastructure
- Modernisation of the access network infrastructure
- Careful preparation, to ensure a smooth implementation in the planned maintenance windows
- A high quality standard was required to prevent the disruption of logistics operations.
Services & Solutions
- Migration concept, commissioning, documentation and service
- Replacement of the old switches in the campus and user access area with a new future-proof generation of extreme networks
- Smooth IT operations were ensured at all times during the implementation
- Monitoring the switches in the extreme management centre
- Controlware Care Services with service desk, expert hotline & remote diagnosis, as well as on-site service
- Problem-free implementation of a future-proof, scalable and available network solution
- The modernisation of the access network infrastructure created the basis for the further automation of the network
- The client now has uniform switch models in the access area